Sunday, May 16, 2010

You say it best when you say nothing at all……………………..

You say it best when you say nothing at all ……………that’s the song which comes to my mind, when I see the love of my mother and father. Today they are celebrating 30 years of togetherness .One can still see the love and affection in their eyes and the respect they command from each other. It’s been a blessing to be a daughter to such parents and I will always be indebted to GOD for this lifetime gift.

Had thought of posting this thing on May 11th itself, but lazy me ….couldn’t gather my thoughts to write and complete the stuff.

In this ever changing world, where the meaning of relationships change and have changed rapidly, it’s wonderful and an accomplishment in itself, when you complete and celebrate 30 years of being together with your partner. So when I look at them, I wonder and think, what makes their relationship grow stronger day by day?

The only answer that I could find is their tendency to adjust, respect and understand each other. Both of them are poles apart, when it comes to their nature. While my mother is quite vocal, very social and a short tempered lady, my father has been a very silent, antisocial and a cool (though very stubborn) personality. But somehow, when two of them are together, the combination is perfect. There has always been that untold understanding and trust between the two, which has now become a sort of ideal thing for me.

I have been a witness to their evolving relationship and no doubt, it has stood the test of times. As per the demands of the times, they have been resilient in their efforts to bring us up. Since the time, I was in class 10th, my mother has been staying away from my father, to take care of me and my brother. And now, it has been more than 11 years of their being away from each other. The sacrifice has been immense, but never a word has been spoken about it. I really wonder what these people are made of and what keep them going on?

Meanwhile, it has also been a sort of transition phase for my mother. From being a complete housewife, she has become a real time manager, who takes care of everything, right from homely stuff, to managing finances and sorting out other issues, while my father is away from home. From a young docile girl, who had got married at a very early age, to an independent and confident mother, who is up for everything, come whatever may, the change is amazing !!!. Some one has rightly said that time teaches you all and my mother is a live example to it.

Also, while time has been an important factor in helping her reckon her strengths and capabilities, I cannot ignore or undermine the role my father played in her being, what she is today. Along with playing the role of a soul mate, he has also been her mentor throughout. Lots of things she learnt through hit and trial method and the inspiring soul behind it has been my father, who stood by her and gave her the confidence and backing that was required during her learning curve.

A lot of people have asked my reasons for not being in a relationship till now and I have been at a loss to answer the same in a convincing manner. But I think it is partly because of the fact that I have seen an ideal couple in the form of my parents. And when one has seen a utopian world, it becomes difficult for you to settle with reality, which may or may not be the ideal world that you have been part of till now!!! . I am not trying to be pessimistic about my future, but I won’t ignore the possibilities of what may happen, if I fall for a wrong person …..

The reason being, I have also seen cases of my friends, whose relationships have fallen apart after years of staying together. Either these people have moved on their ways or are not happy with what they have and repent their decisions. These kinds of observations make you more and more apprehensive about your choice and what the future may bring. But I think its all a matter of destiny and human beings are just puppets in the hands of GOD .There is no denying to the fact that a silent power controls your life and relationships are no exception to it. So take this life as if you are on a roller coaster and enjoy all the ups and downs that come along.

Last but not the least …here are the lyrics of the songs that I want to dedicate to my parents this year

Its amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don
t say a thing

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There
s a truth in your eyes sayin youll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you
ll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all

All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Old Mr. Webster could never define
What
s being said between your heart and mine

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your eyes sayin you
ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you
ll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all


No comments:

Post a Comment